Hello stoner friends!!! Its been a few weeks since I've written anything for you guys so, I felt like it was about time to throw something together. This week i'm going to talk about percolators. What is a percolator you ask? Well i'm going to tell you all of the different names and benefits of all the percolators out today for water pipes! Lets get started!!!
1. Straight diffused downstem- The most simple form of percolator, the straight tube is simply a tube with slits at the base that goes under the water which lets smoke pass through the water, cooling it down.
2. Tree- Anywhere from 4 to 64 arms, and the more arms, the more diffusion. Arms will either be open bottomed or closed, usually with slits on the sides. Smaller slits give smaller bubbles, which gives more diffusion. The more arms the more the smoke is separated, which allows for even more filtration and percolation.
3. Dome- A dome like enclosure with slits or holes where the dome meets the bottom. These percolators allow for diffusion when the smoke pass through the dome and separates when exiting the holes on the edges.
4. Disk- A disk with holes of some kind and arrangement in it. Usually has slits which let smoke diffusion by passing through them.
5. Waffle. Similar to a disk perc, but with holes rather than slits, and arranged in a fashion that is said to resemble a waffle like shape.
6. Honeycomb- A type of disk perc, that looks like a honeycomb. More diffusion than a standard disk perc because of the number of small holes that let further divide the smoke that passes through them. The more holes the better the diffusion, but if the holes are too small, drag increases.
7. Shower head- A vertical tube that flairs out at the bottom, with slits or holes for diffusion.
8. Matrix- A taller puck-type, with lots of tiny holes.
9. Stereo Matrix- Two smaller matrix percs stacked on top of each other. Many people say the bottom matrix doesn't bubble, but it's necessary for the water to displace into and out of.
10. Swiss- A vertical style percolator seen on an unique style of water pipes that resembles a swiss cheese look, holes made on a large vertical disc like shape lets smoke pass around them.
11. Reti Perc-Two cylinders, one inside the other, with opposite diagonal slits cut. Smoke passes through each cylinder out the slits, allowing for diffusion.
12. Circ- A type of percolator that flares out with a series of semi-rings revolving around, because for the spacing between the rings, smoke is diffused out between them.
13. Stemline- Found in stemless designs, it is a horizontal tube with either slits or grids on the top or bottom. Up or down grids give different amounts of chug, but about the same diffusion.
14. Puckline- Kind of like a stemline, but with a puck instead of a tube. This puck has slits or holes in it.
The more intricate the percolator is, the higher value the piece will have. All of theres percolators have great health benefits over just smoking a joint or a blunt. You will notice a huge difference in your breathing when making the transition to a water pipe with a bad ass percolator. If you want to see some nice pieces with awesome percolators, I now work at The Jungle Room in Birmingham. Come say hi and i'll show you around!!!! 175 Maple rd Birmingham MI. Have a great week!!! -Colin